work with me
Think of some of the most successful people you know. Got them in mind? Now, name one significant thing they have in common.
Many possibilities come to mind, but time and again this is what you will hear: they credit their success to having a trusted someone in their corner with whom they could share their ideas, opportunities, and challenges.
Someone who didn’t have an agenda or a dog in the fight. Someone who was objective and experienced. Someone who championed their best self and called forth their potential. Someone whose only goal was to help them get where they wanted to go.
In the business world, these people are called Executive Advisors. They are engaged to help leaders navigate sticky situations and build brilliant pathways to success.
What if you could have your own advisor – an advocate and champion for your success?
Imagine the difference it would make if you had someone in your corner who:
- Helped you respond to pressures and possibilities.
- Identified your pain points and called forth your potential.
- Listened deeply and offered strategic suggestions and fresh perspectives.
- Understood what you go through in multiple aspects of life.
- Provided a confidential sounding-board.
Some you could trust.
You can have this – and then some.
I‘m available to be your Personal Advisor.
For years, as a lawyer and a senior executive, I’ve supported CEO’s and Presidents by acting as a confidante and providing needed advice (sometimes the things no one else would or could tell them). I’ve consulted, brainstormed, and strategized. I’ve said what most needs to be said in critical situations in order to help leaders make tough decisions. I’ve encouraged. I’ve listened. I’ve offered confidentiality and trust. And yes, I’ve championed these individuals toward being their best selves – professionally and personally.
These same skills, experiences, and capacities are what I would love to offer you as your Personal Advisor.
Andrea combines her quick wit with a brilliant, imaginative, creative brain and surprises me again and again with pinpoint clarity. I cannot count the times she has spoken words to me that have pierced through every block, every hindrance, every obstacle (usually self-made), and offered me generous wisdom and focus for moving forward. I trust her implicitly. And I endorse her – heartily, enthusiastically, endlessly. ~ Ronna Detrick
This is a trust-based relationship that is designed to get you where you want to go offering insightful conversation, creative brainstorming, critical thinking, strategic suggestions, accountability, and caring support.
I adore working with people who are smart, kind, and have a sense of humor – people who are interested in honoring their true natures – and doing work that matters.
Is this you?
- You want to move, promote, and lead in your organization or job but don’t know how to get there.
- You are considering taking the plunge into entrepreneurship but aren’t certain how to move through the process.
- You’ve started your own business and would love the benefit of having an “executive” on your team to spot issues and help you effectively respond to challenges.
- You want to change careers but don’t know what you want to do next.
- You are no longer content with the status quo in your professional life and need both advocacy and support to take next steps and move forward in courage and strength.
You should know this relationship isn’t for everyone.
It’s not counseling or therapy. It’s not for whining or complaining. It’s not a substitute for professional advice. And, it’s not a short-term deal. It’s a significant commitment to your own success – and most of the time – that never comes quickly or easily. But you don’t have to do it alone. A Personal Advisor makes all the difference.
Andrea moved me out of my snooze zone and into a place of joyful productivity. Andrea has a way of igniting you into action while forcing you to confront any lurking resistance. She’ll stay in your corner no matter what. ~ Nikki Groom
Here’s what this looks like:
- A three-month commitment (to start) that includes 9 one-on-one, hour-long phone sessions where we discuss issues and opportunities as well as brainstorm ideas and develop strategies to move you closer to your personal goals. We’ll work hard but have fun doing it.
- Exercises and tasks customized for your specific situation that will help you navigate uncertainty, evaluate opportunities, and move forward.
- Unlimited email support for those times when you need a bit of insight.
- Investment: $3,000 for three months.
Wondering if this investment would be right for you? Here are some questions/answers that might help you decide:
What would be different if I worked with you?
Regardless of your vocational reality or aspirations, working with a Personal Advisor is what takes your current reality to the next level, provides you the ability to make hard decisions and have difficult conversations, helps you develop plans and strategies, and more than anything, gives you the confidence and self-assurance needed to be your best, most powerful and successful self.
I’m not an executive. How does this apply to me?
You’ve heard the phrase, “you are the CEO of your own life.” I believe that. Treat yourself like one. It’s time.
What will my time commitment be? Will you give me homework, additional tasks, and to-do’s in addition to our calls?
Although every situation is unique, your accelerated success will come because you are implementing and acting on the conversations we have together; on the specific, strategic steps I give you to experiment with, to try, to implement. It will be your action – supported by me – that will compel your change and growth.
To anyone who feels inspired to pursue a dream or even clarify your dream, I can’t recommend Andrea highly enough. My experience so far is nothing short of changing how I think, feel, and act – and all for the good – inspired, supported, creatively conscious and connected to what is true for me and to what brings me alive. ~ Lorrie Jones
This feels pretty luxurious. How do I know the investment will pay off?
If you’re anything like most people, you probably spend a considerable amount every year on things like coffee, movies, clothes, and other small comforts. But how well do these items and activities support your needs for personal and professional growth? You may look nice and be entertained, but are you reaching your goals? Exploring your possibilities?
Too much of the time we are doing little more than just getting by, feeling down, stuck, and unsupported. I’d encourage you to not consider it a luxury at all; rather, a valuable and astute investment in you and your own success.
I don’t know anything about you. Tell me something I should know.
My personal values are grounded in authenticity, integrity, choice, love, beauty, kindness, joy, learning, wonder, play, and simplicity. These values inform how I make decisions and how I show up in the world.
A few quirky details:
- I love dark chocolate and fine red wine.
- Travel makes my heart sing.
- I’ve constantly got my nose in a book whether it’s a mystery or something that fuels my creativity.
- I’m a single mom of an oh-so-adorable soon-to-be first-grader.
- I believe that life is simply magical.
- I hate it when people are late or discourteous.
- I’m fairly direct but have a great sense of humor (although I’ve been told it’s wry … you’ll have to be the judge of that).
- If you asked my friends to describe me, words they would use include trustworthy and loyal.
Professionally, I’ve done a few things that help me bring a well-rounded perspective to important conversations:
- Practiced in the areas of corporate, health, and labor and employment law.
- Sold real estate.
- Managed a community’s economic development initiatives.
- Invested in real estate.
- Started a children’s sock company.
- Sold antiques.
- Administered college divisions and programs.
- Started an on-line business.
- Consulted to organizations on a variety of issues.
But I what I most want you to know about me and what I’m offering you is this: I really care about your success and I understand how hard it is to go it alone – especially when you are tackling something new. I used to think that someone would magically sweep in and show me the way. But that didn’t happen. I was often left floundering for information, resources, and insights that, had I had them, would have made my journey so much easier. Looking back, I would have given anything to have had a Personal Advisor in my corner to help me navigate key decision-points.
I want to make your journey lighter. I want you to be in the best position to seize and respond to opportunities. By working with me as your Personal Advisor, I will support you in the challenges you face as well as in realizing your goals. You will be able to move much more quickly to achieve your personal objectives because you won’t be doing it alone – you’ll have someone in your corner to bounce ideas off of, notice possible issues, and craft suggested strategies – things that are sometimes hard to do for yourself, especially if you are mired in the details or stuck. With me at your side, you’ll get the benefit of perspective and experience, in a safe environment for you to explore and grow.
Are you ready to invest in your own growth and learning?
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free 15 minute conversation to determine if this is right for you. If we both agree that it is something we want to explore further, you will receive an intake form with specific questions about your desired objectives and outcomes. I will review that and determine if I think we would be a good match.